|Lesson Sequence||Previous Lesson||Next Lesson|
|B1 Part 1||B1 Lesson 21 Smoking||B1 Lesson 22 Cannabis|
Learning outcomes and Specification referenceEdit
|B1 1.3.1 Drugs||B1 Lesson 22 Alcohol|
|e||The effects of misuse of the legal recreational drugs, alcohol and nicotine. The misuse of the illegal recreational drugs ecstasy, cannabis and heroin may have adverse effects on the heart and circulatory system.||Evaluate the impact of alcohol on health.|
|Evaluate why some people use illegal drugs for recreation.|
|g||Impact of legal drugs on health is greater than illegal drugs as more people use them.||Evaluate claims made about the effect of prescribed and non-prescribed drugs on health.|
Full Specification TextEdit
e) Candidates should be aware of the effects of misuse of the legal recreational drugs, alcohol and nicotine. Candidates should understand that the misuse of the illegal recreational drugs ecstasy, cannabis and heroin may have adverse effects on the heart and circulatory system.
g) The overall impact of legal drugs (prescribed and non-prescribed) on health is much greater than the impact of illegal drugs because far more people use them.
- Write down some facts about alcohol that you already know. Then use the powerpoint to show them a few more!
- File:What is Alcohol.ppt
- Write down the negative effects of alcohol. (Effects on body, cost, addiction)
Activities to introduce new ideasEdit
- File:Alcohol Questions.doc Questions to assess prior knowledge, or to assess understanding during plenary.
Activities to practice applying new knowledgeEdit
- Using a selection of empty alcohol containers (beer bottles/cans, wine bottle, spirits bottle), calculate the number of units in the container or in a set volume; or calculate how much of the beverage constitutes 1 unit.
- No demonstrations have been added to this lesson plan
- No class practicals have been added to this lesson plan
- Drink Aware - Alcohol Unit Calculator
- How much alcohol is in my drink? - List of drinks and their % alcohol
- The Facts About Alcohol - Game
- BBC Bitesize - Alcohol
- BBC News: Effect of alcohol on animals